Winter Ground Beef and Bean Soup
Classic vegetable beef soup! Our Winter Ground Beef and Bean Soup packs a ton of flavor with onion, bell pepper, fresh lemon juice and parsley.
- 2 tsp. corn oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 lbs. ground beef (20% fat)
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 3 (16 oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can butter beans; drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Farms Dark Red Kidney Beans; drained
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
Steps to Prepare
- Heat corn oil in a large saucepan (or soup pot) over medium heat. Add onion and red bell pepper, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to high, add ground beef and fry until browned, chopping up large clumps of meat as you stir.
- Stir in hot sauce and ground pepper, then turn heat to medium-low.
- Add beef broth, Glory Farms Butter Beans and Dark Red Kidney Beans; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and parsley.