Tex-Mex Chicken and Waffles with Pinto Beans
A different take on the classic Southern dish! In this Tex-Mex dish, slow cooked chicken and pinto beans is ladled over hot Belgian waffles.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 whole (boneless) chicken breasts, cubed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Pinto Beans
- 8 frozen Belgian waffles
- freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- fresh lime wedges (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and saute onion and jalapeño for 1 minute.
- Add cubed chicken, sprinkle with pepper and quickly brown.
- Transfer chicken, onion and jalapeño to a crockpot, then add Glory Farms Pinto Beans. Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- To serve, toast waffles then ladle chicken and beans over waffles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a lime wedge, if desired.