Four Bean Salad with Parsley and Lemon
This Four Bean Salad makes for a truly refreshing side dish. It features Glory Foods Garbanzo and Light Red Kidney Beans, fresh chopped parsley, minced shallot and a lemony dressing.
- 2 oz. fresh yellow wax beans; trimmed
- 2 oz. fresh green beans; trimmed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Farms Dark Red Kidney Beans; drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans; drained
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1 (2 oz.) jar pimentos; drained
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. finely minced shallot (or spring onion)
- 1/2 tsp. (or more to taste) finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt-free vegetable seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
Steps to Prepare
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in a saucepan. Add yellow wax beans and green beans; cover and remove from heat. After 5 minutes, drain beans and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the wax beans, green beans, Glory Farms Dark Red Kidney Beans, Glory Farms Garbanzo Beans, parsley and pimentos.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot (or onion), garlic and vegetable seasoning. Pour over vegetables and toss well.
- Chill for a minimum of 3 hours (tossing occasionally) before serving.