Nothing warms you up quite like a hearty soup or chili. This protein-packed Crockpot Chili recipe takes a meer 20 minutes to prep and is full of flavor.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Farms Dark Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Ro-Tel
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- grated cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- chopped green onions (for garnish)
Steps to Prepare
- Add olive oil, beef and yellow onion to frying pan. Brown beef and soften onions.
- Drain juices from meat and onion mixture, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, mustard powder, basil, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Add beef mixture, spices and all remaining ingredients (except cheddar cheese and green onions) to a 6-7 quart crockpot and stir well. Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with grated cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.